The Curious Case of Movies

9:30 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Once I thought to myself that Alien Vs Predator 2 was a great movie then, since the first episode was not bad, in my own opinion. But many movies which could only be seen in cinema are going downhill soon after AVP2 started in haunting our mind and soul.

These days, things are worsen. You know what, I think that cartoons (pleasantly, marvel cartoons and other cartoons like Transformer are not bad, in fact they are all quite awesome and enjoyable to watch, movie remakes of animes are the roots of the problem), especially animes from Japan, should be left as it is, and never ever being made into a movie or that sort of thing. When a famous anime was modified into a real life people emulating the characters in it, the anime itself will be spoiled.

The circumstance is very similar with broadcasting a very famous song (which you love very much once upon a time) in a camp, but due to some lame mistakes or bad management by the camp organizers; as a consequence, people who were previously crave for that song are now hating the song, wished that they won't hear it again in the near future.

Perhaps many of you out there are looking forward to some of the upcoming movies, with the likes of Dragonball Evolution, and Street Fighter - The Legend of Chun Li... But I have my own stand on this. Well, (no hard feelings to the fans out there, I am a fan to Dragonball as well as Street Fighter too) both of these movies are as if doomed to be big let downs.



First of all, let's talk about Dragonball Evolution. When you look at the trailer, first thing goes into your mind, "why is Goku a white?" And, omg, is that Chow Yun Fatt?? Well, you know, there would be some strange vibes and sensation which makes you feel like as if you're sitting on a seat in the cinema, watching a somewhat lame movie, you feel like releasing the laughing gas, but you couldn't, for there were many spectators sitting around you, anticipating the best from the movie, just like you (if you're a big fan of Dragonball).



Next up, Street Fighter - The Legend of Chun Li. I couldn't agree more with some of the viewers who appeared no problem with Chun Li as the main character revolves around the story, but not Ryu & Ken. But hey, the whole piece of movie still goes wrong as it seems. Lana Lang, one of the Goddess of the pretties in many hearts in men, surprisingly is co-starred in this one. Seriously, I was flabbergasted.

I don't know whether I would give these a go in the near future, but at least for now, it's a "no" from me. "All's Well Ends Well 2009" was also a big failure as far as I'm concerned. The director seemed to be struggling to emulate the '94 & '97 version. I might as well wait for "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Burton"... I wish that this would at least strike a sense of balance in my movie taste for a while (but it seems to be a tear-stealing movie... gurp.).

0 comments: