Please Don't Forward

9:20 AM Edit This 0 Comments »


You are a forever good friend,
I long to have you in my life for an eternity,
Without you, I would might as well teleport myself to the outer space,
Without you, I could not live the same way like I did before

You've affect me in so many positive ways,
If we're meant to part our paths in two different ways,
It means a doom day to me,
You are such a good friend to me.

Wow... that's a nice message to pass on to friends right? (Although it may sound a little bit disgusting if you were to send this to a friend who appears as the same gender as you, sorry huh... I created this myself :P)

Yup, you probably seen such messages keep accumulating in your inbox. For some of the mails, you'll somehow moved by the messages they try to convey, and they indirectly transmit a signal to your brain, telling you to share the good news to your friends, your family members.

When the touching sensation is lingering in your mind, you are most likely got upset by the unfinished part, which sounds almost similar such as:

Please forward this message. If you forward to:

10 or more people - You'll experience the best moment in your entire life in just a few seconds!

5~10 people - You'll receive a kiss from your loved ones

1~5 people - Bad luck for 3 days

0 people - You'll experience bad lucks for the rest of your life from the next second onwards

Sounds familiar? Well... Allow me to wreak something from my stomach about it... What the heck? Experiencing bad luck for the rest of your life just because you're not forwarding this message to people you know? Holy cow, so there is obligation for you to send the message once your eyes notice the words.

Are the message creators trying to put some spells into the mails or something?

Years ago, there were even more brainless mails spreading around the net, swearing pea-brained messages which sound something like,

"if you're not forwarding this to your friends, your mother will die tomorrow"

Okay, fine, so a new form of message forwarding had emerged, and it is called parental cursing. Approximately two years ago, there was a long lost friend, who had not keep in touch with me for years, forwarded a message which resembled the mentioned information. The message was as if cursing my parents to death in the near future if I refused to send it.

Despite knowing that I was "literally putting the lives of my parents in danger zones", I chose not to spread the message around, in addition, I called that friend of mine, and scolded her, ermm... perhaps "advised her while venting anger" would be a good phrase for that. I told her that if you want a parent to die, yours alone would be enough, why are you spreading such message all over the place? I was sarcastically asking her whether an incident where all the parents in this world are dead one day is all that she wished for. Such message must be halted all at once when you receive them!

More exaggerating, these messages are now come in the form of mobile text mesages. Cursing messages are now circulating in the mobile world. And I was wondering, are the telecommunication companies planning on some conspiracies to earn a handsome amount of money?

0 comments: