The OST of Games

7:03 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
When someone spills out the words, OST (Original Soundtracks), or if I just so happen to notice the words in anywhere... in the past, I would probably think of numerous movies. Musics from the movies which I like, which I remember so vividly.

A few years back, what impressed me the most were the soundtracks from musical performances and films, such as Moulin Rouge! , The Phantom of the Opera. Well, as for now, the relatively more famous tracks would definitely be those which originated from High School Musical and others such as Mamma Mia. Those melodies and rhythms definitely goes into the depth of the hearts of every viewer.

Though the melodramatic musics which come from the movies are fascinating, but I fall in love with original soundtracks which come from several games. Those are musics without any lyrics, only musics which touch my heart.

The first ever gaming musics which made me indulged to an inextricably extent, was music scores from the Final Fantasy series, from the oh-so-majestic Nobuo Uematsu. Childish? Not at all... listen to the musics and you'll see what I mean.



Nobuo Uematsu



Yasunori Mitsuda

Several years later when Uematsu collaborated with SquareSoft, Yasunori Mitsuda came into the picture, whom very much appeared in the centre of the musical stage as Uematsu's protege. Yasunori Mitsuda impressed me intensely with his formidable musics that I've searched through the net for soundtracks from the once very famous game, Xenogears, as well as Chrono Cross. The musics he used are blended up so well with musics with the influences of Caribbean, East Asian, Indian and strong Celtic musics.

For music lovers, well... even if you are not used to be a gamer years ago, musics composed by these godfathers of gaming musics would certainly sound astounding to you!

0 comments: