Cancerous Blues

3:18 PM Edit This 0 Comments »


Cancer is a word which has been bugging me for many many years.

When I was in primary school, although asthmatic attacks had been very deadly, little did I knew that cancer could be a more hazardous disease... which unluckily, struck one of the parent of my friend.

When I was in Form 5, one of my friends was diagnosed with leukemia. Like others, he went for many kind of tormenting therapies which were then claimed to be highly effective ways in destroying the bad microorganisms (and little do we know that, the good ones were being sent to heaven too).

By the time we thought that he had fully recovered when we saw him actively participating and joined us in classes, we were thinking,thank God for listening to our prayers. But all things in this world is very unpredictable, one day, my late friend just puked a large amount of blood onto his bed in his room one morning.

This incident caused an uproar around the school. Since his house was located very near our school, the school management gave a nod to the students to attend his funeral at his house.

It was very sobering seeing his parents cried that way during the funeral. That was the first time I witness the death of my friend.

Not long after that, soul reapers had been seeking the victims in my church too. On certain fateful days, passed out, they became...

University life should be a wonderful journey to all youngsters, very unfortunately, a friend of mine was diagnosed with the same thing.

Right now, I'm working as a nutritionist in my company. Sometimes, there would be calls from potential customers who would got on their nerves when Malays received their calls for they were not very fluent in English. But later on, the line will eventually transferred to me. And the first thing strikes my mind, "Oh gosh, it's not again..."

Look, cancer is prevailing and it infects younger people nowadays. I found that more and more people are seeking the slightest piece of hope, just to survive. (why are there silly people fiding ways to suicide?) My customers often ask, "can your product cure my sickness?", "I'm in the 4th stage now, can I end this sufferings by consuming your products?"

I don't know how to answer them, but only believe in giving them positive responses by telling them not to lose hopes, that I've been through highs and lows with friends who experienced the same bad luck as them, I sincerely hope that I could be a shoulders for them to lean on. I feel like a medium between the cancer patients.Align Center

0 comments: